Recently, the Milwaukee Bucks were swept out of the NBA Playoffs by the Miami Heat.
More importantly, the Bucks have a lot of expiring contracts going into the offseason:
J.J. Redick, $6 million
Brandon Jennings, $3.18 million. His tag team partner Monta Ellis has a player option for $11,000,000.
Starter Marquis Daniels is also a free agent this summer. Mike Dunleavy and Samuel Dalembert as well.
- Mo Williams, a veteran and former all-star who has played with Chris Paul and LeBron James (when he was with the Cleveland Cavaliers.)
- Jarrett Jack, a great point guard with intensity and speed, who has the potential to step in and be a starter.
- Jerryd Bayless, a key player in the regular season for the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Jeff Teague, a key member of the Atlanta Hawks offense alongside Josh Smith and Al Hortford
- Patty Mills, a key player for the great Gregg Popovich
Their salary cap for next season is set to be around $40 million dollars, after cutting out the $23 million set to expire on their payroll. They could use their extra salary space to attract superstars, like Chris Paul in addition to some other role players.
Monta Ellis replacements include:
- OJ Mayo, who has had some good starts this year. Losses were not his fault.
- JR Smith, 2013′s Sixth Man of the Year
- Tony Allen, who has made some key plays for Memphis this year. Will he have as much of an impact this year without a coach emphasizing defense like Lionel Hollins?
Marquis Daniels replacements include:
- Nick Young, who has had some 30 point games this year.
- Corey Brewer, who won a ring with Rick Carlisle’s Dallas Mavericks and did a great job with the Denver Nuggets this year.
- Heck, our own Houston Rockets probably have a good small forward that the Milwaukee Bucks may desire, including former Bucks veteran Carlos Delfino!