The Houston Rockets continue their extremely hectic off-season by offering small forward Mike Miller a contract.
It’s a long shot, but we can confirm the Rockets have offered Mike Miller a contract. According to HOUSTON (KTRK).
As soon as Miller was amnestied by the Miami Heat earlier in the week, the Rockets were rumored to be interested. The reason they want a guy like Miller is because he is a career 40-percent three-point shooter, and has the ability to make three-pointers with one shoe.
Miller averaged 4.8 points and shot 42 percent from 3-point range during the regular season for Miami. He played a big role for the Heat in the NBA Finals, shooting 61 percent from 3-point range and starting the last four games.
Shortly after rumors surfaced Wednesday night that the Cleveland Cavaliers were interested in claiming Miller off waivers, reports of the veteran forward needing back surgery or considering retirement arose. Miller dealt with bulging disks in his back during the 2011-12 season, but he played in 59 games this past season, his most since 2008-09.
On Tuesday, Miller said he was feeling healthy and looking forward to next season.
“I’m excited about the next spot,” Miller told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “I’m re-energized. I really am. I’m just feeling healthy. I’m ready to play. I started to get back in there again last week, and I can’t wait to play again next year.”
No time table has been given to Miller’s decision.