Whether you love or hate the new SportVU camera systems in the NBA, they sure do come in handy for every miniscule stat that you want to look up or track.
Advanced stats say that the Houston Rockets are one of the fastest teams in the NBA(the Rockets are in the top 5 in both PACE and Offensive Rating), and SportVU data backs that up, but without measuring offensive productivity or efficiency. Instead, the system has measured the Rockets as the team who has ran the most miles up and down the court so far this season.
Of the top 10 individual players who have racked up the most miles, Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin, and Dwight Howard are all in that group, with Parsons coming in at number 1, having ran 28.2 miles so far.
Lin is tied for 3rd with Cleveland Cavaliers forward Tristan Thompson at 23.9 miles, while Howard is tied for 5th with Philadelphia 76ers guard Evan Turner at 23.6 miles.
- Chandler Parsons (HOU)- 28.2 miles
- Gordon Hayward (UTA)- 24 miles
- Tristan Thompson (CLE)- 23.9 miles, Jeremy Lin (HOU)- 23.9 miles
- Evan Turner (PHI)- 23.6 miles, Dwight Howard (HOU)- 23.6 miles
- Andre Iguodala (GSW)- 23.5 miles
- Steve Blake (LAL)- 23.4 miles
- Aaron Afflalo (ORL)- 23 miles
- Bradley Beal (WAS)- 22.8 miles
Looks like the Rockets can start their own cross-country team with these numbers.