20 Things the Houston Rockets Should do For The Playoffs
Apr 6, 2013; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee (34) attempts a dunk over Houston Rockets power forward Donatas Motiejunas (20) in the second quarter at the Pepsi Center. Mandatory Credit: Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports
It appears that the Houston Rockets cannot beat the Denver Nuggets, no matter which players are on the floor. That will make for a short playoff run indeed. Of course, no one expected the Rockets to get this far. I will still enjoy watching them in the playoffs, however, as I am a true fan. I also look forward to what the brain-trust does in the off-season to give the team a shot against the likes of Denver next season. In the meantime, here are 20 things these young bucks can do to make this playoff run interesting.
1) Stop turning the ball over, whatever it takes.
2) Pass more quickly in half-court sets, before defenses can trap and create turnovers.
3) Not get tired.
4) Shoot more accurately.
5) Maybe, just maybe take a few medium-range jump shots.
6) Give Terrence Jones more playing time.
7) Someone besides James Harden get to the charity stripe.
8) Make more free throws.
9) Play defense all the time.
10) Wear the ketchup-and-mustard uniforms all the time.
11) Not be so predictable in half-court sets.
12) Get more fast breaks.
13) Get more fast breaks than the other team.
14) Learn how to adjust on the fly and take what the defense gives you.
15) Have all the bigs work with Hakeem Olajuwon and develop a post move.
16) Eat better.
17) Do Yoga.
18) Invoke the Gods.
19) Get Patrick Beverley to buy sweet yellow shoes for everyone.
20) Just have fun because they aren’t ready to challenge the big dogs in a playoff series.
That being said, I am very proud of the team and cannot wait to watch them give the nation a taste of the future on national television.