Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has been drafting, trading and acquiring players since 2007. Here is a year-by-year breakdown of the transactions.
Early on the plan was for a quick rebuild. Adding Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, and Luis Scola, to a team that included Yao Ming, and Tracy McGrady.
- On June 28, 2007, the Rockets traded cash considerations and a future second-round pick to the Seattle SuperSonics in exchange for the draft rights to Carl Landry.
- On July 17, 2007, the Rockets traded Greek guard Vassilis Spanoulis and a 2009 second-round pick to the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for reserve center Jackie Butler and the draft rights to Luis Scola.
The quick rebuild was clearly the reason the Rockets traded Nicolas Batum, right?
- On June 26, 2008, the Rockets completed a three-way transaction that sent Nicolas Batum to the Portland Trail Blazers, Darrell Arthur to the Memphis Grizzlies and Donté Greene and Joey Dorsey and Memphis’s 2009 second-round pick to the Rockets.
- On June 25, 2009, the Rockets spent roughly $6 million to acquire the 32nd, 34th, and 44th picks in the second-round from the Washington Wizards, the Denver Nuggets, and the Detroit Pistons, respectively.
- On June 23, 2011, the Rockets acquired point guard Jonny Flynn and Lithuanian big man (Minnesota’s 20th pick) Donatas Motiejunas in a trade with Minnesota Timberwolves during Thursday night’s NBA draft and sent center Brad Miller and Houston’s 23rd pick (Nikola Mirotic) to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- On June 30, 2012, the Rockets acquired the draft rights to Furkan Aldemir from the Los Angeles Clippers in a trade with three other teams: Los Angeles Clippers, Dallas Mavericks, and Utah Jazz.
This year the Rockets lone pick is the 34th. Thursday will we find out the next Morey decision.