Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
The Houston Rockets get to rest on the second day of Orlando Summer League, but will play the last three days in a row. The Orlando Summer League has a new points system, that makes for something interesting to watch aside from the Adidas T-Shirt jerseys.
Standings over the first five days of the league will be kept using a seven point system. In this system, seven points are awarded each game and distributed as follows:
• 3 points for winning the game
• 1 point for every quarter a team wins (in the event of a tied quarter, both teams will receive 0.5. points)
• The winning team in each game can collect between 4 to 7 points, while the losing team can collect from 0 to 3 points.
CHAMPIONSHIP SEEDING CRITERIA
Day six Championship seeding will be determined by a team’s total points in the league standings. In the event of a tie, the following tie-breaker will be in place:
• Tiebreaker 1: Total point differential
• Tiebreaker 2: Total points allowed
• Tiebreaker 3: Coin flip
After a nice win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Day 1, the Rockets picked up 5 points.
Here is where they rank after Day 1:
- Utah Jazz (6 points) /Oklahoma City Thunder (6 points) /Detroit Pistons (6 points)
- Orlando Magic (5 points) / Houston Rockets (5 points)
- Philadelphia 76ers (2 points) /Boston Celtics (2 points) /Indiana Pacers (2 points)
- Miami Heat (1 point) / Brooklyn Nets (1 point)
On Tuesday the Rockets play the Utah Jazz, and Trey Burke at 2pm, CST.