Rockets GM Daryl Morey has reportedly set today as his deadline to utilize the Trade Player Exception (TPE) with the rumored target being Corey Brewer. As I outlined in an article earlier today, Brewer appears to be a great fit for Houston given his myriad of tangible benefits coupled with his veteran leadership and demeanor. He would be a perfect bench addition as he offers a player who can run the floor and fit into the renewed defensive focus coach Kevin McHale is instilling in this year’s squad.
More from Rockets Rumors
- Houston Rockets: The case for, and against, trading Christian Wood
- NBA Rumors: Why the Houston Rockets shouldn’t trade up to no. 1 in NBA Draft
- Houston Rockets: 3 trades that send John Wall to the New York Knicks
- 3 Trades the Houston Rockets could make for Damian Lillard
- Houston Rockets: Which free agents should be retained?
An article by rotoworld.com says Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders is reportedly considering putting Shabazz Muhammad in the starting line-up to increase scoring production.
— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) December 19, 2014
More from Space City Scoop
- Houston Rockets: 3 trades of John Wall to the Clippers, Spurs, and Bulls
- Houston Rockets hire Chris Wallace, architect of ‘Grit and Grind’ Grizzlies
- Rockets: Kendrick Perkins shares perception of Stephen Silas around the league
- 3 reasons why the Rockets should trade for D’Angelo Russell
- Houston Rockets fans: Time to reflect in light of the Rachel Nichols bombshell
More likely is Corey Brewer is on his way out the door via a trade. A logical location for Brewer to end up is Houston given the TPE gained in the Jeremy Lin trade of $8.3 million is well within Brewer’s salary for this season of $4,705,500 and $4,905,000 for the 2015-16 season becoming an unrestricted free agent in the 2016-17 season.
Other teams speculated to be interested in Brewer are the Los Angeles Clippers, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat.
Have some thoughts on this possible trade? Drop us a line in the comments section and share them with us.