Feb 11, 2015; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Los Angeles Clippers guard J.J. Reddick (right) attempts to steal the ball from Houston Rockets guard James Harden (left) during the fourth quarter at Staples Center. The Los Angeles Clippers won 110-95. Mandatory Credit: Kelvin Kuo-USA TODAY Sports
Houston Rockets Game Day: Wed Feb 25, 8:00 PM EST – ESPN, PT, CSNH, RTSW at Toyota Center in Houston
Odds are if you asked James Harden which team he dreads facing he would say the Los Angeles Clippers. Since becoming a Rocket the Clips have literally had his number. In his last outing he scored a measly 9 points and never found a rhythm. In two games this season Harden’s cumulative point total (25) is less than his season average of 27.3 points per game.
While Golden State handed the Rockets a seep in their series this season Harden had some good personal efforts. So one would imagine coach Kevin McHale and staff have looked at what they can do to free up the bearded one tonight.
- Clippers have won the past 7 meetings versus Houston. This season both games have been easy wins for the Clippers: November 28th: 102-85 and February 11th: 110-95
- James Harden has shot an abysmal 8 of 24 versus the Clippers in those 2 meetings for a total of 25 points combined. That’s less than his per game scoring average.
- This will be the first time Terrence Jones sees the Clippers having missed the previous games while he was out injured.
- DeAndre Jordan has stepped up large in the absence of Griffin snaring 15 rebounds in 5 consecutive games.
- The Clippers can’t credit Spencer Hawes for their winning efforts (as per John Schuhmann) the team are a minus -39 with him on the court and a plus +79 with him off the floor.
- The Clippers begin a 4-game road trip tonight versus the Rockets prior to prior to a rematch against Memphis, then head to Chicago and Minnesota
- The Rockets next two opponents are Brooklyn and Cleveland
- The Clippers have owned Houston of late winning their past 7 games and 11 of their past 12 meetings. Houston haven’t beat LAC since 2013
- Neither team will have their star big man in the game as Howard remains healing from his knee procedure and Griffin remains out recovering from the surgery to remove a staph infection from his right elbow.
Next: What's in a number ?