Game Day: Houston Rockets
Record: 52-24, Western: 2nd Record: 42-34, Western: 8th,
Southwest: 1st, last ten 8-2 Northwest: 2nd, last ten 5-5
Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
Sun Apr 5, 1:00 PM EST – ABC
Chesapeake Energy Arena – Oklahoma City, OK
[table id=78 /]
- I’m starting to think whoever plans the schedule for the ABC Sunday games is a Houston Rockets fan since this is the fifth Sunday game to appear on the program since March 1st and every Sunday the Rockets have been scheduled in this time frame.
- Last time out the Thunder team Houston faced were a very different squad: Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka were in the line-up and Dion Waiters had just joined the squad. Since the last meeting was in mid January it was also prior to the trade deadline that saw D.J. Augustine, Kyle Singler, Enes Kanter and Steve Novak join Oklahoma.
- Russell Westbrook has been on a terror since the All-Star break and is doing everything possible to lead the young squads (minus Ibaka and Durant) to the playoffs.
- While Houston has lost Patrick Beverley for the season they’ve got their other super star (Dwight Howard) back along with starter Terrence Jones making the team stronger and healthier than they’ve been for most of the season. Though Donatas Motiejunas is out nursing a bad back, it’s expected he’ll return prior to season’s end.
- The two teams are playing at different levels now: Oklahoma City have lost 4 of 5 while Houston have won 9 of 11
Next: The Numbers Don't Lie