Apr 18, 2015; Houston, TX, USA; Dallas Mavericks forward Chandler Parsons (25) passes the ball during the third quarter against the Houston Rockets in game one of the first round of the NBA Playoffs at Toyota Center. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
[table id=101 /]
Huge, and I mean huge implications hit Dallas with the loss of a key producer and most agile wing Chandler Parsons gone for season, but the reports of the loss of Rondo with Harris returning at less than 100% puts a ton of pressure on Monta Ellis and Dirk Nowitzki to make up the slack. After a season of injury decimation have the Rockets’ (save for Motiejunas/Beverley) gotten their core group healthy at just the right time?
- Devin Harris played just 10 minutes Game 1, was out Game 2. He’s listed as available tonight. Mavericks will need Harris and JJ Barea to provide the offensive output and control ball movement with Rondo out.
- Chandler Parsons He’s gone for the series and the season. Now the Mavericks have to even up the series without two starters (knee)
- Rajon Rondo is out for the season with a back issue (read: Carlisle’s had enough and so has Rondo in the experiment that never fully worked with the mercurial point guard. Certainly looking like Morey got the better pre trade deadline trade deal considering how Josh Smith schooled the Mavericks in Game 2.
Rajon Rondo done. Chandler Parsons done. Maverick fans haven't been this devastated since Goose died in Top Gun
— Not Bill Walton (@NotBillWalton) April 22, 2015
- K.J. McDaniels injured his wrist in what was reported as a likely fracture in the final game of the season
- Donatas Motiejunas Out for season (back).
- Patrick Beverley Out for season following surgery to repair torn ligaments in his wrist. Beverley has said he’ll be back, but wanting something to be true and forcing it to be true are two different things.
Next: What do you have in reserve?