James Harden has been a busy guy in the past week with attention on his feet and hands. The former regarding what sneaker he was wearing (that weren’t Adidas who he just signed with) and the latter when he threw out the first pitch at the Astro’s game. Now he’s in the news again for a promotion he’s doing with Foot Locker which sounds like it could be highly entertaining for his fans.
— D&S Media Group (@DS_mediagroup) September 25, 2015
As per the Youtube video above James Harden is inviting people to hashtag “Play My Tweet” and offer up suggestions of things for him to do. In the video some of the suggestions he lists as examples are:
- eat a raw onion
- wax his leg
- free style rap
- explain the theory of relativity
- talk trash in a British accent
- prank call a friend
- send pizza to your house
- pick you up from the airport
- sing Happy Birthday to your Mom
- post a duck face selfie
To participate in the campaign fans need to come up with a suggestion like above then tweet it out to @FootLocker and hashtag it with #PlayMyTweet prior to October 8th when Harden will undertake the challenge. The winners will have their suggestions written on a ball and if Harden misses the shot he’ll have to do what the suggestion is. Of note, there is no use requesting he shave his beard as he already made it clear that’s not something he would consider.
So, get creative Clutch City fans and submit your tweet, maybe you’ll be one of the lucky winners.
Remember to stay connected with Space City Scoop and make us a daily stop on your reading list for all things Houston Rockets.
More from Space City Scoop
- Rockets: Time to return the slander towards Rachel Nichols
- What the Rockets must do with the second overall pick
- Houston Rockets: The case for, and against, trading Christian Wood
- NBA Rumors: Why the Houston Rockets shouldn’t trade up to no. 1 in NBA Draft
- 3 players that would be a perfect fit for the Houston Rockets at 23 or 24