Jan 23, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Houston Rockets forward Trevor Ariza (1) against the Phoenix Suns at US Airways Center. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
It’s strange to say, but in many ways I have more confidence in Trevor Ariza than any other Rocket going into the 2015-2016 NBA season. Not because he’s the most talented player on the roster, but because he always does what is expected of him. The Rockets will look to him to play elite defense, and shoot the three ball at a high percentage– both of which I expect him to do.
In addition to his skill set, Ariza’s leadership and veteran experience make him a great guy that other role players can look up to. Most players on the Rockets roster will never have a chance to be a James Harden or a Dwight Howard, but with hard work and dedication, they can be a Trevor Ariza. If the Rockets hope to win a championship, every Rockets player not named Harden or Howard should look towards Ariza as a model of the ideal role player.
More from Space City Scoop
- 3 players that would be a perfect fit for the Houston Rockets at 23 or 24
- Houston Rockets: It’s official, Tilman Fertitta was wrong about Chris Paul
- Houston Rockets: Top-8 Rockets ranked by trade value
- Houston Rockets: 3 biggest questions this offseason
- Houston Rockets: Which NBA Draft prospect is the best fit at no. 2?