The Houston Rockets enter the upcoming 2016 NBA Draft without a top draft pick by virtue of making the post season. Unfettered the Rockets still hope to nab a star prospect with the potential to effect immediate results. Over the next month SCS will look at the draft prospects with a view to team fit and what moves would need to occur to get that pick. Is Buddy Hield a prospect worth trading for?
- Height: 6’5″
- Weight: 212 lbs
- Country: Bahamas – Freeport
- Position: Shooting Guard
- Age: 22
- Reach: 8’5″
- Wingspan: 6.9″
- College or Pro League: Oklahoma, Senior
- Stat line: 132 Games, 17.4 Points Per Game, 5.0 Rebounds Per Game, 1.9 Assists Per Game
ESPN Chad Ford: 6th
Draft Express: 7th
NBA Scott Howard Cooper: 7th
Bleacher Report: 4th
Ford lists Buddy Hield‘s best traits as shooting and a high basketball I.Q.
Hield is a scorer but his propensity to play a little manic, turn over the ball and his age have him as one of the guys who may drop in the rankings. That said, he’s not afraid to take the big shot and shot over 47% from deep this past season.
Honors and Awards:
More from Space City Scoop
- Rockets: Time to return the slander towards Rachel Nichols
- What the Rockets must do with the second overall pick
- Houston Rockets: The case for, and against, trading Christian Wood
- NBA Rumors: Why the Houston Rockets shouldn’t trade up to no. 1 in NBA Draft
- 3 players that would be a perfect fit for the Houston Rockets at 23 or 24
As per Wikipedia:
- John R. Wooden Award (2016)
- Naismith College Player of the Year (2016)
- Oscar Robertson Trophy (2016)
- Sporting News College Player of the Year (2016)
- Consensus first-team All-American (2016)
- Third-team All-American – AP, NABC (2015)
- Jerry West Award (2016)
- 2× Big 12 Player of the Year (2015, 2016)
- 2× First-team All-Big 12 (2015, 2016)
- Second-team All-Big 12 (2014)
Given the number of guards especially with James Harden occupying the majority of minutes Hield isn’t likely to get much of a look or entice Morey to make a trade for him.
Unless Daryl Morey decides to trade Harden Hield won’t be a player Houston would trade to get the pick. Chances of that happening? ZERO.
Be sure to check out our continuing Draft Prospect Series and our Year End Player Reviews!
Also, Space City Scoop is always looking to add new talent to our writing team. Currently we’re looking for individuals with a specialized focus. The first area of focus is perfect for someone who is constantly surfing the web for breaking news on injuries, trades, insider info etc.
You’ll promote SCS team content on facebook and twitter while also making sure to promote the best content coming from H-Town fans. If you have this capability and are interested check out this link and fill out an application