Following the Houston Rockets shoot around on October 3rd, Mike D’Antoni and Eric Gordon spoke to the media.
Continuing the trend of using creative analogies Houston Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni offered little insight.
Mike D’Antoni Comments:
- Mike D’Antoni spoke to the Houston Rockets needing to clean up defensively and a few things offensively.
- Asked to comment more specifically on the defense the coach said he likes the teams spirit, they are structurally good, communication is good and they are spreading the floor well.
- Like most teams at this stage in the preseason D’Antoni said the Rockets were excited to play another team.
- Additionally, D’Antoni said the Rockets were eager to test their game versus an NBA opponent.
- China trip offers a second training camp in essence without distractions.
Seriously, I’m wondering if D’Antoni is ever going to offer a sound bite that hasn’t been eaten up, chewed and spit out 100 times prior.
Eric Gordon Comments:
feels they are building good cohesiveness and is happy with the Rockets direction.
Nov 13, 2015; Toronto, Ontario, CAN; New Orleans Pelicans guard Eric Gordon (10) dribbles the ball against the Toronto Raptors at Air Canada Centre. Toronto defeated New Orleans 100-81. Mandatory Credit: John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports
Asked if they are ahead of where he thought they would be when he changed teams Gordon isn’t surprised by the chemistry.
Eric cites time spent over the 2 months prior to training camp as helping to expedite the process.
But still feels they can improve via more time spent together.
More from Space City Scoop
- Rockets: Time to return the slander towards Rachel Nichols
- What the Rockets must do with the second overall pick
- Houston Rockets: The case for, and against, trading Christian Wood
- NBA Rumors: Why the Houston Rockets shouldn’t trade up to no. 1 in NBA Draft
- 3 players that would be a perfect fit for the Houston Rockets at 23 or 24
On China Trip:
Notes he’s been there a couple times both for pleasure as well as in his rookie season. Gordon was surprised by how enthusiastic the fans of China are saying some are even more excited than North American fans.
Lessons learned in win vs. Sharks:
Asked if there was any major take away or lessons learned from game vs Sharks:
- Gordon noted he likes how the team is using each others strengths
- He further elaborated like McDaniels athleticism or Harden finding open players to take threes.
Want your voice heard? Join the Space City Scoop team!
SCS video diary series offers insight from Training Camp. The series allows you to become more familiar with the Rockets new coaching staff and players.