The GM of the Rockets will be around for a while longer.
It was announced today that the Rockets have extended the contract of their General Manager Daryl Morey 4 more years. Morey is certainly worthy of this extension. Since his hiring, the Rockets have never had a season with a losing record. This model of consistency is incredible and so it is definitely good to have him long term moving forward. His “Moreyball” strategy, while it has its negatives, has generally been incredible for the Rockets. The 3-point barrage is fun to watch and certainly brings wins.
— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) June 21, 2017
More from Space City Scoop
- Shaq explains how Jrue Holiday can learn from the Rockets
- Houston Rockets: 3 trades of John Wall to the Clippers, Spurs, and Bulls
- Houston Rockets hire Chris Wallace, architect of ‘Grit and Grind’ Grizzlies
- Rockets: Kendrick Perkins shares perception of Stephen Silas around the league
- 3 reasons why the Rockets should trade for D’Angelo Russell
The best finish for a Morey-managed Rockets team was in 2015 when the team went to the Western Conference Finals. While Houston has had success since Morey’s hiring, there still is some work to be done to make the Rockets true championship contenders. He was able to orchestrate the trade for James Harden and also lured Dwight Howard here in 2014. However, his best accomplishment would be to bring Houston a ring. He has already said that he has something up his sleeve for this summer, so we will see what happens in the coming days and weeks.
This extension shows that owner Les Alexander has faith in Daryl Morey. The team is moving in the right direction and it will be great to have him at the helm.