Houston Rockets 2015 Media Day: Trevor Ariza ‘Can’t Wait’
By Tamberlyn Richardson
Continuing the Houston Rockets 2015 Media Day, Trevor Ariza took to the podium to discuss his new team, opportunity and what he expects.
Trevor Ariza is in a really good mood today. Says he just can't wait to get started.
— Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) September 28, 2015
Around the time Ariza hit the podium it became very apparent how happy all the players are about the season starting and how amped this team is to get on the court together. Ariza in particular looked more like a child on Christmas morning. More than once he said “I can’t wait” for the season to start.
Trevor Ariza says if the Rockets trust each other good things wi happen. #rockets #abc13sports pic.twitter.com/ISEW7B9x9a
— Bob Slovak (@BobSlovak13) September 28, 2015
- Most notable is how excited Ariza is to get back on the court and play
- He worked on his post moves in the off season for when the team plays small ball (and given the fact they have 3 amazing guards in James Harden, Patrick Beverley and Ty Lawson there are likely going to be incidences when coach Kevin McHale utilizes Ariza at the power forward position.
- He credits nothing more than luck with the reason why he’s managed to stay so healthy through his career
- He is excited to play with Ty Lawson, but happy the core is back
- Ariza says they learned a lot from the loss to Golden State last year in the Western Conference Finals in that they need to be consistent daily in order to succeed over the long term.
- Further he said the loss to GSW taught the team to trust one another was is key to being successful
- He loves playing for Kevin McHale and was one of may players who called him a “Player’s coach”. Ariza said McHale gives them freedom and basically implied he treats them like professionals and allows them to monitor their own responsibilities. As long as they play hard McHale just let’s them play!
For full interview click link in tweet below:
Media Day 2015 – Trevor Ariza http://t.co/P9vd4SFvAR via @houstonrockets
— Space City Scoop (@SpaceCity_Scoop) September 29, 2015
Overall Ariza embodied what this squad was emanating on this media day… a bunch of hungry teammates who can’t wait to step out on the Toyota Center court and show the teams who are currently all being discusses as contenders while Houston gets the occasional mention that they are ready to play ball.
Stay with Space City Scoop as we bring you the highlights from the player’s at the podium today and make sure to make us a daily stop for all things Houston Rockets. As we gear up for the season watch for our Space City Scoop team Round Table or our Player Profiles.
Next: Terrence Jones Grows On and Off Court
Next: SCS Round Table Off Season Part 1
Next: SCS Round Table Off Season Part 2
More from Space City Scoop
- 3 reasons the Houston Rockets should select Evan Mobley in NBA Draft
- Houston Rockets: 3 options for pick No. 2 after NBA Draft Lottery
- Houston Rockets: 37 best prospects in the 2021 NBA Draft
- Houston Rockets future hinges on NBA Draft Lottery
- Would this team of former Houston Rockets win the Championship?