Shortly after inking an extension James Harden was interviewed in Vegas while sitting on the side lines during the Houston Rockets Summer League game.
Jared Greenberg asked James Harden some questions about his extension and what Houston Rockets fans can expect this coming season.
The top lines of the interview were:
- Harden is grateful for opportunity to be with Houston Rockets for another 4 years
- He wants to get the organization on a winning path
- He wasn’t taking any shots at “Super Teams” in his letter penned to red nation
- Expects Rockets to be very good defensively
- Has met with Mike D’Antoni several times already to discuss schemes for 2016-17
- Harden cited being tired from having to do so much on offense. Says he is looking forward to having Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon to help with play making so he can spend more time on defense. Obviously there are those in Red Nation who’ll need to see it to believe it. And by see it … that means up the ball and locking down on defense.
- Greenberg speaks to the change of culture. Harden responds that many of the team are in Vegas to work out together and get acclimated to system and with each other.
In Harden’s open letter he referenced ‘Super Teams’ saying the Rockets are not one, rather a bunch of guys who want to win.
“We are not a “super-team”, but just a group of guys that want to work hard to be the very best. And our work begins immediately.” – Harden
You can read the entire letter either in the tweet below or on the Rockets website Rockets.com
— Space City Scoop (@SpaceCity_Scoop) July 17, 2016
SCS will update as free agency news develops. For now if you’re a fan who wants to follow free agency closely check the NBA Free Agency Tracker (updated daily)
and the Free Agency Profiles for all 30 teams entering Free Agency:
Along with articles covering the draft:
Space City Scoop is always looking to add new talent to our writing team. Currently we’re looking for individuals with a specialized focus. The first area of focus is perfect for someone who is constantly surfing the web for breaking news on injuries, trades, insider info etc. This individual would select the top news items and provide timely quick hits to keep SCS readers in the loop.
The other area of focus is someone who possesses a strong social media background who likes to interact with Clutch City Fans. You’ll promote SCS team content on facebook and twitter while also making sure to promote the best content coming from H-Town fans. If you have this capability and are interested then check out this link and fill out an application.