NBA Free Agency has slowed significantly in the past week as the free agent list diminishing.
In the past week these signings and trades occurred in NBA Free Agency :
- Jordan Hill exits the Pacers to sign a 2-year $8M deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Former number 1 draft pick Anthony Bennett continues to seek out a niche in the NBA as he signed with the Brooklyn Nets on a 2-year veteran minimum deal. This represents his 4th team (Cavaliers, Timberwolves and Raptors) in his short 3-years in the league.
- Two others signing with the Nets are Randy Foye who leaves OKC on a reported 1-year deal and Joe Harris who exits Cleveland on a 2-year deal
- The Hornets signed Vegas Summer League stand out Christian Wood on a 2-year minimum deal
- Another standout in Vegas Jonathan Gibson signed a 3-year minimum deal with the Mavericks
- The Golden State Warriors are bringing back Anderson Varejao on what one would presume is a veteran league minimum deal.
- Closer to home Terrence Jones signed a 1-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans believed to be a veteran minimum deal
- Coming back to the Houston Rockets is Pablo Prigioni on a 2-year veteran minimum deal
- Quincy Acy has agreed to a 2-year minimum deal with the Dallas Mavericks.
- Although already reported the Spurs locked in Manu Ginobili on a $14M 1-year deal
- Two other signings by the Spurs were minimum deals with Ryan Arcidiacono and Davis Bertans
- Also of note Philadelphia 76ers fans will finally get to see their draft prospect as Dario Saric has signed a 4-year rookie scale contract with the club.
- And in a trade the Cavaliers send little used Sasha Kaun to the 76ers so they could free space to sign Chris ‘birdman’ Andersen
- Chris Andersen subsequently signs with Cleveland Cavaliers on 1 year veteran minimum deal
- Raymond Felton leaves Dallas to join the Clippers on a reported 1-year minimum deal
- A standout last summer in Vegas was Maurice Ndour, so it was little surprise he inked a 2-year minimum deal with the Knicks
- In a straight up trade the Magic send Devyn Marble and a 2020 second round pick to the Clippers in exchange for C.J. Wilcox and cash
Though the list grows shorter, especially of top talent, the following is a list of some free agent the Rockets will be mulling over:
LeBron James remains the only super star on the board.
Top talent remaining:
- J.R. Smith
- Dion Waiters
- David Lee
- Alan Anderson
- Gerald Green
- Ty Lawson
- Jason Thompson
- JJ Hickson
- Markel Brown
- Eric Moreland
- Bryce Cotton
- Jorge Gutierrez
- Jeff Ayres
- Henry Sims
- Dorell Wright
- Tony Wroten
- Ryan Kelly
- Lou Amundson
- Ronnie Price
- PJ Hairston
- Tyler Hansbrough
- Donald Sloan
- James Anderson
- Robert Sacre
- Norris Cole
- Tyler Zeller
- Donatas Motiejunas
- Shane Larkin
- Cleanthony Early
- Miles Plumlee
- Thomas Robinson
- Kevin Seraphin
More from Space City Scoop
- Rockets: Time to return the slander towards Rachel Nichols
- What the Rockets must do with the second overall pick
- Houston Rockets: The case for, and against, trading Christian Wood
- NBA Rumors: Why the Houston Rockets shouldn’t trade up to no. 1 in NBA Draft
- 3 players that would be a perfect fit for the Houston Rockets at 23 or 24
Metta World Peace
SCS will update as free agency news develops. For now if you’re a fan who wants to follow free agency closely check the NBA Free Agency Tracker (updated daily)
and the Free Agency Profiles for all 30 teams entering Free Agency:
Along with articles covering the draft:
Space City Scoop is always looking to add new talent to our writing team. Currently we’re looking for individuals with a specialized focus. The first area of focus is perfect for someone who is constantly surfing the web for breaking news on injuries, trades, insider info etc. This individual would select the top news items and provide timely quick hits to keep SCS readers in the loop.
The other area of focus is someone who possesses a strong social media background who likes to interact with Clutch City Fans. You’ll promote SCS team content on facebook and twitter while also making sure to promote the best content coming from H-Town fans. If you have this capability and are interested then check out this link and fill out an application.