Once again the Houston Rockets are idle in NBA Free Agency on July 21st, but news of Donatas Motiejunas is heating up regarding his contract. He along with other free agents contracts occupy the National news as only one free agent signing occurred.
The lone free agent contract signing was Alonzo Gee who returns to the New Orleans Pelicans on a reported 1-year, $1.4M deal.
The Pelicans also locked in rookie Cheick Diallo on his rookie contract
Elsewhere rumors are rampant on the following players:
- Nets emerge as interested party for Dion Waiters now that Thunder have rescinded his offer
- With the signing of Pablo Prigioni and potential for Donatas Motiejunas the Houston Rockets it’s looking like Jason Terry and Josh Smith will need to find employment elsewhere though Terry may take this cue to retire to pursue his interest in coaching
- Speaking of Donatas Motiejunas he is anxious to lock down his contract now that he’s had to miss the Rio Olympics while he waits
- The Bucks continue to look for interested teams who want Greg Monroe in a trade with no bites yet.
- In one of the stranger off season dilemma’s Maurice Harkless and the Portland Trail Blazers remain at odds over re-signing the 23 year old small forward. Presumably Harkless wants more than the Blazers are willing to offer.
Though the list grows shorter, especially of top talent, the following is a list of some free agent the Rockets will be mulling over:
LeBron James remains the only super star on the board.
Top talent remaining:
- J.R. Smith
- Dion Waiters
- David Lee
- Alan Anderson
- Gerald Green
- Ty Lawson
- Jason Thompson
- JJ Hickson
- Markel Brown
- Eric Moreland
- Bryce Cotton
- Jorge Gutierrez
- Jeff Ayres
- Henry Sims
- Dorell Wright
- Tony Wroten
- Ryan Kelly
- Lou Amundson
- Ronnie Price
- PJ Hairston
- Tyler Hansbrough
- Donald Sloan
- James Anderson
- Robert Sacre
- Norris Cole
- Maurice Harkless
- Tyler Zeller
- Donatas Motiejunas
- Shane Larkin
- Cleanthony Early
- Thomas Robinson
- Kevin Seraphin
More from Space City Scoop
- Rockets: Time to return the slander towards Rachel Nichols
- What the Rockets must do with the second overall pick
- Houston Rockets: The case for, and against, trading Christian Wood
- NBA Rumors: Why the Houston Rockets shouldn’t trade up to no. 1 in NBA Draft
- 3 players that would be a perfect fit for the Houston Rockets at 23 or 24
Metta World Peace
SCS will update as free agency news develops. For now if you’re a fan who wants to follow free agency closely check the NBA Free Agency Tracker (updated daily)
and the Free Agency Profiles for all 30 teams entering Free Agency:
Along with articles covering the draft:
Space City Scoop is always looking to add new talent to our writing team. Currently we’re looking for individuals with a specialized focus. The first area of focus is perfect for someone who is constantly surfing the web for breaking news on injuries, trades, insider info etc. This individual would select the top news items and provide timely quick hits to keep SCS readers in the loop.
The other area of focus is someone who possesses a strong social media background who likes to interact with Clutch City Fans. You’ll promote SCS team content on facebook and twitter while also making sure to promote the best content coming from H-Town fans. If you have this capability and are interested then check out this link and fill out an application.