Houston Rockets Game 10 of 2015-16 found H-Town facing inter division rivals the Dallas Mavericks.
Continuing SCS series of all 82 games from last season next up is the Houston Rockets Game10 of 2015-16 versus the Dallas Mavericks.
Dec 4, 2015; Dallas, TX, USA; Houston Rockets guard James Harden (13) shoots over Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki (41) during the second half at the American Airlines Center. The Rockets defeat the Mavericks 100-96. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
The Houston Rockets added draft picks and signed free agents to improve upon an especially mediocre 41-41 campaign. Big man Dwight Howard left for Atlanta while free agents Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, Nene Hilario and Pablo Prigioni joined Houston in free agency.
Therefore Houston hopes their free agent additions and the growth of existing assets will translate into a season similar to 2014-15. While fans wait for October 26th opening night versus the Lakers hopefully this series will appease your cravings.
To that end, this series showcases the Rockets 82 games noting the pregame analysis, post game grades, and relevant video. Furthermore, SCS will highlight significant changes made by their opponents this summer. So, here it is – – enjoy all 82 posts as SCS takes you back over the 2015-16 season.
Game 10 – Dallas Mavericks
Dec 4, 2015; Dallas, TX, USA; Houston Rockets guard James Harden (13) steals the ball from the Dallas Mavericks during the second half at the American Airlines Center. The Rockets defeat the Mavericks 100-96. Harden leads his team with 25 points. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
Entering the game on another losing streak the Houston Rockets were desperately looking to get back in the win column. Already dealing with intense scrutiny for their season start another loss to division rival Dallas would only serve to put added pressure on what appeared to be an already unstable Rockets team.
The full pregame analysis article can be viewed via this link.
Post Game Analysis:
Writer Andre Cantalogo was clearly not impressed by the Rockets lack luster effort therefore he gave 3 core players a D rating in the player grades. James Harden, Trevor Ariza and Ty Lawson all had terrible games hence their score.
In addition to view all Andre’s grades visit this link for his full post game report and player grades.
Also the NBA.com box score can be reviewed via this link.
Though writer Andre Cantalogo gave Harden a D rating his 25 points, 10 assists and 7 rebounds did lead the Rockets.
Furthermore six Mavericks scored in the double digits punctuating just how poorly the Rockets effort was defensively.
Rockets Games vs Mavericks in 2016-17
- October 27th in Dallas as American Airlines Arena
- October 30th at home
- December 10th at home
- December 27th in Dallas as American Airlines Arena
Draft Picks and Free Agents
No team benefited more from Kevin Durant signing with the Warriors than the Mavericks. As a result Andrew Bogut was traded to clear salary cap and Harrison Barnes signed as a free agent. Furthermore youngsters Dwight Powell and Justin Anderson appear poised to take another step forward.
Round 1: N/A,
Round 2: A.J. Hammons (46)
Incoming Free Agents/trade:
2-year $6M deal exits Sacramento
More from Space City Scoop
- Rockets: Time to return the slander towards Rachel Nichols
- What the Rockets must do with the second overall pick
- Houston Rockets: The case for, and against, trading Christian Wood
- NBA Rumors: Why the Houston Rockets shouldn’t trade up to no. 1 in NBA Draft
- 3 players that would be a perfect fit for the Houston Rockets at 23 or 24
Exiting Free Agents/traded:
- Chandler Parsons 4-years, $94M from Grizzlies
- Zaza Pachulia 1-year $2.9M to Warriors
- Jeremy Evans (trade to Pacers)
- Raymond Felton joins Clippers on a reported 1-year minimum deal
- David Lee on 2-year $3.2M deal with Spurs
- JaVale McGee will attend Warriors training camp under a ‘make good’ 15 day contract
- Deron Williams 1-year, $10M
- Dwight Powell 4-years, $37M
- Dirk Nowitzki (he’s a Mav for life) 2-year, $40M
Next up Game 11 versus Celtics