Can Houston Rockets build upon their impressive win and launch themselves up the playoff ladder? We look at the possibility in the Game Day Preview:
Rockets vs. Pacers
With both ball clubs fighting for their playoff lives, the Houston Rockets will visit Indiana in hopes of riding the waves of momentum after an impressive home victory over the Toronto Raptors.
The Pacers on the other hand will look to bounce back from last night’s loss to the Brooklyn Nets.
Venue: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Game Time: 6:00 PM ET – 5:OO PM CT
TV: NBATV Canada, FSI, ROOT
Radio: 790 AM, 1070 The Fan, Sirius:207 (Internert H:891/A:890)
In the last 4 match ups, Houston is 4-0 against Indiana.
3/07/14: Houston 112 – Indiana 86
1/19/15: Houston 110 – Indiana 98
3/23/15: Houston 110 – Indiana 100
1/10/16: Houston 107 – Indiana 103
(No reported injuries for both teams)
Keys To Winning
- Be Patient Offensively: The Pacers are a sound defensive team under the coaching of Frank Vogel. It is vital for Houston to stay patient offensively and to not stab themselves in the foot with unforced turnovers leading to easy transition baskets for Indiana.
- Contain Paul George: Trevor Ariza will have his hands full tonight with the assignment of defending one of the league’s premier super stars. George is a versatile scorer with a contagious effect on his teammates. When George gets it going offensively, this Pacers team is a nightmare to defend with offensive talents such as Monta Ellis and the improved shooting of George Hill.
- Play With A Sense of Urgency: Every game from here on out is considered a must win if Houston wants any chance at post season action. Leadership and tenacity from Harden, Howard and Beverley must be apparent.
The odds makers have made the Pacers 1.5 point favorites with a total over/under of 210.5
More from Space City Scoop
- Rockets: Time to return the slander towards Rachel Nichols
- What the Rockets must do with the second overall pick
- Houston Rockets: The case for, and against, trading Christian Wood
- NBA Rumors: Why the Houston Rockets shouldn’t trade up to no. 1 in NBA Draft
- 3 players that would be a perfect fit for the Houston Rockets at 23 or 24
With Houston coming off a huge win and the Pacers returning home from an embarrassing loss, this sets up the perfect situation for a potential let down game for the Rockets. Houston has been far to inconsistent for me to trust that a strong performance will follow up after defeating the Raptors.
Pacers – 103
Rockets – 98
Make sure you catch up on our entire Team Preview Series, our Houston Rockets Player Profile Series as well as our SCS Round Table Sessions to help you get through the early season. Start your morning with SCS Rocket Science Daily and visit us throughout the day to keep abreast of all your Houston Rockets news and updates.
Space City Scoop is always looking to add new talent to our writing team. Currently we’re looking for individuals with a specialized focus. The first area of focus is perfect for someone who is constantly surfing the web for breaking news on injuries, trades, insider info etc. This individual would select the top news items and provide timely quick hits to keep SCS readers in the loop.
The other area of focus is someone who possesses a strong social media background who likes to interact with Clutch City Fans. You’ll promote SCS team content on facebook and twitter while also making sure to promote the best content coming from H-Town fans. If you have this capability and are interested check out this link and fill out an application.